Wednesday 7 September 2011

Long time reader, first time blogger

Well, I've done it. I'm making my way into the foray of blogging. I have several blogs that I follow, but now it's time to say something myself, and hopefully there are people who want to listen (my husband has to, it was in the wedding vows...)



Who am I? Since having my daughter Charlotte 11 months ago, I'm not entirely sure. I know I'm not the same person I was beore, and never will be, but I can't say that that's necessarily a bad thing. I now put her needs before my own, though that is the case for most parents. I am more organised simply because I have to be. By googling up activities that babies her age like to do I have found many websites that are now bookmarked, some I even check daily, that have inspired me to bcome a better parent. Involved in what Charlotte is doing rather than just sitting on the couch watching her play. I forgo doing the dishes to play chasey around the couch, or get the finger paints out in the backyard.


That's all well and good, but what do I do that's just for me? a few weeks ago I bought my very first DSLR camera, and have been taking an online course to learn how to use it. Properly. In the few short weeks I have had this camera my photos have improved DRAMATICALLY. I still have a lot to learn, but I love having something that is just for me, and something that is challenging me to improve, to think outside the square. So with that in mind, here are a couple of my pictures from this week:



2 comments: