Wednesday 14 September 2011

Decorating for the holidays

We don't really decorate much here. The house looks the same unless we are throwing a specific party (e.g. a birthday), or for Christmas. But I have been inspired by Jade and want to add a few small touches around the house for special days like Valentine's day, St Patrick's day, or maybe even Halloween in spite of the fact that it's not really celebrated here in Australia.

If you have a look at eighteen25, the girls are currently in the midst of Spooktacular September, and every day they have different crafty decorating projects to get ready for Halloween. They've just released some subway art, and I think this will make a nice small touch that can be updated as the holidays change. I'm just going to do a small 8x10inch print rather than the big 16x20, and might even have a go at this paper lantern or the chandelier.

Over the weekend I'll put up a post about planning a 1st birthday party, the start of our veggie patch, and some photos that I took while I was out and about yesterday

1 comment: